Rose Fest Weekend at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden 10/2-10/3
This Weekend between Saturday, October 2 and Sunday, October 3, 2010; Noon – 3:00 p.m. each day is Rose Fest at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden.
There will be over 1800 roses in full aromatic bloom and events each day including a wine-tasting, dancing, a live opera and of course dinning.
There will even be 20 floral displays titled Roses are Red from Ikebana of Richmond.
Saturday, Noon – 3 p.m. Learn to Tango! Watch expert dancers from the Dance Space and try some new moves yourself! Wine-tasting and dining by Meriwether Godsey in the Rose Garden, too.
Sunday, Noon – 3 p.m. Opera & Roses: The Virginia Opera performs selections. Wine-tasting and dining by MeriwetherGodsey in the Rose Garden, too.
DINING IN THE ROSE GARDEN, TEA HOUSE & CAFE
In the Rose Garden, Noon – 3 p.m.: on this special weekend only, you can “wine and dine” on the Terrace Lawn adjacent to the Rose Garden. (Cash & credit card accepted.) Here you can enjoy:
- Wine-tasting featuring French wines: Rose’, Chenin Blanc & Cabernet
- Tasty sandwiches, salads and more: chicken salad croissants, veggie wraps, cheese & fruit plates, vintner salad, hummus plates & hot dogs
- Beverages including wine splits, beer, soft drinks & bottle water, plus season favorite apple cider
- An assortment of yummy desserts
So if you are in the Mid-Atlantic region and looking for a great day trip. Lewis Ginter’s Rose Fest is the place to be : )
Britt : )
- Part IV: The Asian Valley at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden.
- Part II: The Rose Garden at Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens.
- This the last night of holiday lights at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden!
- Part III: The Children’s Garden at Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens.
- Part I: Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens